18th May 2020 21:19pm
Young Greenwich is hosting a series of sessions online to help give young people a safe space to interact and get more out of the youth service. Some of these sessions will take place on Zoom (a video conference app) to support young people and give them a youth hub setting to access digitally.
At Young Greenwich, we believe in the safety of young people and their activities online, and we have chosen Zoom to host our online sessions as it is has the option to keep all sessions password protected, and record the session to guard against any inappropriate behaviour.
You can join our online youth sessions with Zoom! Follow the steps below. If you missed any of our activities during the week, we aim to upload some of our sessions and video tutorials onto our website.
Step 1: Download the Zoom Meeting app (if you are unable to download the app, you would still be able to use it but it
Step 2: Sign up to Zoom (if you are under 16, you must get a parent/carer to sign up)
Step 3: Activate your Zoom account via email
Step 4: Browse our online activities – and book a session
Step 5: Wait for us to send you the Meeting ID & password & code of conduct
Step 6: Open the Zoom app and join a meeting, entering the Meeting ID & Password
Step 7: You are ready to go!
Terms & Conditions
1. If you are under 16, you must get your parents/carer to sign up as we will need to send your Meeting ID & password to their email.
2. We are creating these sessions as a safe online space for young people. If you are a parent/carer, once your young person is set up and ready to join a session, we kindly ask that you don’t join in sessions with them and allow them to have their own online space. Our youth workers are fully qualified, have Enhanced DBS checks, have received safeguarding training and will support your young person throughout the session.
Zoom Ground rules and Advice
• Make sure you are appropriately dressed and let people in your household know you will be on a zoom call
• Please ask permission if you are using any device that is not your own while you’re on the session
• Our youth club Code of Conduct still stands! If you would not say it at the youth club, do not say it online. Be Respectful. Be Kind. Be Yourself.
• Any inappropriate behaviour could lead to a ban from future sessions, which could extend into when the youth clubs physically open.
• Refer to a youth worker directly if you feel worried about anything. You can message directly.
• For your safety, we may record our call with you. The recordings are kept on our servers for one year and no-one is permitted to view them without good reason and with permission from the Head of Youth Service, Jeannette Harrison and Head of Governance and Support Services, Kathy Smart.
• Do NOT screenshot, video or record the sessions in any form. This is to ensure the safety of everyone involved.
• Actively get involved with discussions, chats, and share your ideas!
If you are a parent/carer, once your young person is set up and ready to join a session, we kindly ask that you don’t join in sessions with them and allow them to have their own online space.
• Have fun & share your ideas of what you would like us to cover during these online sessions!